2015 Summer Concert Series
Treeman Family Foundation & Oklahoma Arts Council
Concerts are held at Guthrie Green, located in the Brady Arts District at 111 E. Brady, Tulsa.
2015 tentative dates:
All concerts start at 8pm unless otherwise specified.
Tuesday, June 16
|Jazz Band - Duke's right-hand man, tribute to Billy Strayhorn|
|Tuesday, June 23||Concert Band - The Spirit of '76|
Tuesday, June 30
|Concert Band - Things That Go Bump in the Night|
|Tuesday, July 7||
Concert Band - Way Out West
Tuesday, July 14
Concert Band - Night at the Movies sponsored by Circle Cinema and Cedar Creek
Tuesday, July 21
|Jazz Band - Jazz Standards|
Concerts are free to the public. Parking is also free. The venue is accessible to those with disabilities.
Concessions are available at the venue. The public can bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnic dinners, and pet dogs on a leash.
Door prizes are donated by sponsors and given away at each concert. Tax-deductible donations are accepted at each concert to help defray the costs of providing this free, quality entertainment.
To provide quality, live music to the largest possible audience.
- Starlight is Oklahoma's only professional concert band and includes over 50 musicians under the direction of L. Dale Barnett, Music Director. Scott Senter, Jazz Director Emeritus and Rich Fisher, Jazz Director, conduct the Starlight Jazz Orchestra concerts.
- Programs include a variety of music including light classics, patriotic, Broadway, pops and big band jazz, and deliver "something for everyone".
- Starlight is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, supported by local corporate sponsors and arts organizations, such as the National Endowment for the Arts and the Oklahoma Arts Council.
- 2015 major sponsors include: Cedar Creek, Circle Cinema, CreativeState, First Fidelity Bank, George Kaiser Family Foundation, Guthrie Green, Liberty Press, Local 94 AMF & Music Performance Trust Fund, National Endowment for the Arts, Oklahoma Arts Council, Public Radio Tulsa: KWGS/KWTU, Saied Music Company and The Jimmie & Helen Saied Foundation, the Treeman Family Foundation, Tulsa Performing Arts Center Trust, Universal Combustion Corporation, and the Charles & Marion Weber Foundation.
For more information, or to schedule an interview/special appearance with Starlight's conductor or members, please contact 918-798-STAR (7827).
Follow Starlight Bands on Facebook & Twitter
- Circle Cinema
- Cedar Creek
- First Fidelity Bank
- Liberty Press
- Local 94: American Federation of Musicians
- Music Performance Trust Fund
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Public Radio Tulsa: KWGS/KWTU
- Saied Music Company and The Jimmie & Helen Saied Foundation
- Will Rogers Rotary Club of Tulsa
- Oklahoma Bandmasters Association