2013 Summer Concert Series
Treeman Family Foundation & Oklahoma Arts Council
Concerts are held at River Parks Amphitheater, 2100 South Jackson, on the West bank of the Arkansas River. Map Us
All concerts take place on Tuesday evenings at 8pm.
|June 11||Universal Combustion Corporation Night featuring Starlight Jazz Orchestra playing "Greatest Hits of the Big Band Era." LOOK Musical Theatre will perform at intermission.|
|June 18||"A Little Night Music" performed by Starlight Concert Band and sponsored in part by First Fidelity Bank. Spotlight Brass will be the evening's guest artists.|
Saied Music Company and the Jimmie & Helen Saied Foundation "Americana Night" featuring Starlight Band. TCC's TulsaFest Band will open the concert.
Charles & Marion Weber Foundation "A Year of Music" played by Starlight Concert Band. Special guests will be the ladies of Tulsa Metro Sound, the local chapter of Sweet Adelines.
Circle Cinema & Cedar Creek "A Night at the Movies" starring Starlight Concert Band. The silent short "One Week" with Buster Keaton will be screened accompanied by live theatre organ.
Contributor's Concert "A West Coast Jazz Evening" with music by the Terry Gibbs Dream Band played by Starlight Jazz Orchestra. Jay Garrett, vibraphonist, will be the special guest.
Concerts are free to the public. Parking is also free. The venue is accessible to those with disabilities. Crowds of up to 2,000 attend each concert.
Concessions are available at the venue. The public can bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnic dinners, and pet dogs on a leash.
Door prizes are donated by sponsors and given away at each concert. Tax-deductible donations are accepted at each concert to help defray the costs of providing this free, quality entertainment.
To provide quality live music to the largest possible audience.
- Starlight is Oklahoma's only professional concert band and includes over 50 musicians under the direction of L. Dale Barnett, Music Director. Scott Senter, Jazz Director Emeritus and Rich Fisher, Jazz Director, conduct the Starlight Jazz Orchestra concerts.
- Programs include a variety of music including light classics, patriotic, Broadway, pops and big band jazz, and deliver "something for everyone".
- Starlight is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, supported by local corporate sponsors and arts organizations, such as the National Endowment for the Arts and the Oklahoma Arts Council.
- 2013 major sponsors include: Cedar Creek, Circle Cinema, Creative State, First Fidelity Bank, Liberty Press, Local 94 AMF & Music Performance Fund, National Endowment for the Arts, Oklahoma Arts Council, Public Radio Tulsa: KWGS/KWTU, Saied Music Company and The Jimmie & Helen Saied Foundation, the Treeman Family Foundation, Tulsa River Parks Authority, Universal Combustion Corporation, and the Charles & Marion Weber Foundation.
For more information, or to schedule an interview/special appearance with Starlight's conductor or members, please contact 918-798-STAR (7827).
Follow Starlight Bands on Facebook & Twitter
- Cedar Creek
- Circle Cinema
- First Fidelity Bank
- Liberty Press
- Local 94: American Federation of Musicians
- Music Performance Trust Fund
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Public Radio Tulsa: KWGS/KWTU
- Saied Music Company and The Jimmie & Helen Saied Foundation
- Tulsa River Parks Authority
- Oklahoma Bandmasters Association